Monday, July 13, 2015

REITS

Ever since I decided that the best route was dividend shares, I have taken a new found interest in REITs. The REIT market in Singapore has also gained a lot of attention and there was this very interesting table compiled in the Straits Times over the weekend.



This would certainly be useful in my assessment of REITs since the gearing ratio and dividend yield is provided for! honestly, i am not too concern about the fee if there is still a good dividend ratio going on. You deserve your fee if you are good at what you do. Gearing ratio is something I certainly need to look at now, in light of the current rising interest rates.

With this in mind, I did a quick sieve method of zero-ing in on Reits which had 1) less than 35% gearing ratio and 2) at least 6% dividend yeld, i had a nice list of the following (in order of the most fee as % of revenue to the least):

Name of Reit
Current Price
PTB
Free Cashflow
Far East Hospitality Trust
0.77
0.7
1.4
First REIT
1.39
1.3
6.4
OUE Hospitality Trust
0.94
1
7.1
Cache Logistic Trust
1.14
1.2
8.2
IReit Global 



Keppel DC Reit



CDL Hospitality Trust
1.63
1
7.1
Lippo Mall Retail Trust
0.35
0.6
13.8
Cambridge Industrial REIT
0.68
1
7.3
CapitaLand Mall Trust
2.14
1.1
2.3
Aims AMP Industrial Trust
1.505
1
8
Ascendas REIT
2.4
1.1
5.6
CapitaLand Retail China Trust
1.635
0.8
7
Mapletree Industrial Trust
1.555
1.1
7.1
CapitaLand Commercial Trust
1.535
0.9
5.4

Honestly, the figures may not be the most accurate since i got these off Straits times, and then investment moats dividend screen tracker. But this serves as a useful guide to me to review these shortlisted stocks to see which ones i am keen on, and what is a good buy price. I am quite disappointed that my Ascenda India Trust and Ascendas Hospitality Trust is not in there. So if good opportunities abound, I should consider moving my funds from existing REITS to new REITs. 

Going to step up on my research!

1 comment: