Sunday, August 3, 2014

SIA Engineering

SIA Engineering just came out with their quarterly results and its a bad bad thing.

Revenue is up a mere 1.6%, but expenditure increased 4.5%.

Contribution from JV decreased by 28.8%. And they just inked a JV agreement with Boeing lately.

The plane industry isn't doing too well what with the recent spates of plane crashes. Pretty scary shit indeed. Will people still travel?

I think the answer to that question is still a resounding yes. The general prediction is yes, flight travel looks set to increase and more carriers will ply the ASEAN route. Perhaps there will be more budget travellers and not first class passenger anymore. But planes would still have to be serviced. I see their tie up with Boeing as a big plus sign that they will get better deals in the future. SIA Engineering would have to be careful to take care of costs.

my money is still on this one.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Nice site I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing. Would it be possible if I contact you through your email? Please email me back. Thanks!

    Aaron Grey
    aarongrey112 at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete